Great Futures Charter High School for the Health Sciences’ vision is that the program will provide students a foundation for post-secondary education or workforce readiness in certified health related professions. Students will explore core content with technology through integrated projects, case studies, online learning and focused learning experiences. Through the transformation of our students the school will change the face of health care in our community.
The core academic mission emphasizes high expectations for all students to successfully complete a rigorous curriculum and meet high academic standards for graduation and preparation for post-secondary education and 21st century careers, including certified health-related professions. Through the transformation of our students the school will change the face of health care in our community.
• All students will graduate with a high school diploma in four years, meeting all requirements.
• All students will participate in academic and college/career-readiness experiences in the health sciences/medical professions, concentrating on placements at the Jersey City Medical Center at the hospital location.
• All students will have opportunities to obtain college credits during the high school years.
• All students will graduate positioned and ready to continue on in two year or four year colleges or universities or to enter the workforce for employment, having obtained certification in a health/science related field.
• All students will practice effective academic, personal and social leadership skills and principles.