Washngton Hebrew Congregation
WHC was established in 1852 when the streets of Washington were unpaved and the Capitol building was only half finished. From our earliest beginnings, we have provided a spiritual, educational, and cultural home to Reform Jews in the Washington, D.C. area. As a community, we have prayed together, celebrated together, and stood together in the face of life's challenges. We have raised our voices in protest in the face of injustice. When people have been hungry, we provided sustenance; in times of crisis, we have worked to strengthen resolve. Whether it is marching to promote civil rights or fighting against atrocity and genocide around the world, tikkun olam has been a cornerstone of our community.