Camp Quest North
Camp Quest is an overnight secular summer camp aimed towards critical thinking, skepticism, and open discussion. While campers partake in traditional camp activities, such as field games, swimming, archery, crafts, and campfires, what sets Camp Quest apart from traditional summer camps is our focus on humanist values and ethics. Our unique activities encourage rational inquiry, free speech, active citizenship, and respect. Camp Quest envisions a world in which children grow up exploring, thinking for themselves, connecting with their communities, and acting to make the most of life for themselves and others.
Camp Quest fulfills its mission by following these principles and we require parents and campers to agree and adhere to these principles.
- We ask questions and are open-minded, critical thinkers.
- We help others and practice service within our communities.
- We use a secular basis as a starting point in conversing and connecting with others.
- We aim to be honest, responsible, compassionate, and empathetic.
- We negotiate and seek compromise to solve conflicts
- We are committed to scientific discovery and technology as contributions to the betterment of human life
- We are committed to the arts as a form of human expression.
- We strive to protect and sustain the earth, its resources, and other species.
- We use reason and science to seek natural explanations to events in the universe and to solve problems.
- We hold to the principle of the separation of church and state.
- We recognize human rights, justice,fairness, and diversity as essential elements of society.
- We strive to experience life and develop as individuals.
- We work to learn about and from both personal and world histories.
Camp Quest North- Minnesota Week 2 Volunteer Counselor (Volunteer Opportunity)
Camp Quest North - Minnesota Week 1 Volunteer Counselor (Volunteer Opportunity)