Amnesty International-Chapter 248-Miami, FL
We are people from across the world standing up for humanity and human rights. Our purpose is to protect people wherever justice, freedom, truth and dignity are denied. We investigate and expose abuses, educate and mobilize the public, and help transform societies to create a safer, more just world. We received the Nobel Peace Prize for our life-saving work.
The Amnesty International Miami Chapter is currently looking for 2 Chapter Coordinators to fill by Feb. 2011. Participants can look forward to building up their resume and internship experience by participating in various human rights campaigns, networking with other organizations, and become apart of the movement of protecting and preserving human rights on a global scale!
Participants can expect to devote 5-15 hours per month on tasks such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Attending and facilitating all monthly meetings
- Network with other local organizations
- Create and support local events that are in line with Amnesty International's mission, values, and campaigns
- Maintain constant and updated listerv
- Maintain and brainstorm various social media options to further the movement
We are looking for fresh energy, ideas, and compassion to add to our unique group!