WSU Thurston County 4-H Youth Development
4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential, working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
Washington State 4-H Youth Development education creates supportive environments for all youth and families to reach their fullest potential. This will be accomplished through a systemic approach of foundation and mission driven science to meet our goals to:
- provide formal and non-formal experiential learning,
- develop skills that benefit youth throughout life,
- foster leadership and volunteerism in youth and adults,
- build internal and external partnerships for programming and funding,
- strengthen families and communities,
- employ research based knowledge and the land grant university system, and
- embrace and expand the traditions of the 4-H Youth Program.