Great Plains SPCA
Because we knew we could accomplish more together than as independent agencies, Animal Haven and No More Homeless Pets KC officially merged on June 15, 2011 to form Great Plains SPCA. Great Plains SPCA is Kansas City’s most comprehensive animal welfare organization and is a Missouri 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization.
At Great Plains SPCA, we believe that no matter what their size, shape or story, all dogs and cats deserve the chance to live long, happy and healthy lives. That’s why our team of experts works hard every day to be a lifeline to a better future for pets by providing comprehensive, affordable medical care, adoption services and innovative community programs. Because we know that with a little support, people and pets can build a bond unlike any other, creating happier homes and a community that values life, love.
Leadership at Great Plains SPCA is comprised of experienced business professionals and experts in the animal welfare field. Collectively, our Executive Leadership Team has over 65 years of experience in this industry. In addition, we are fortunate to have the support of highly respected business leaders on our Board of Directors and in our community to help us drive our mission forward.
Our community will benefit from the following services provided by Great Plains SPCA:
- Humane, compassionate sheltering of homeless animals
- Pet Adoptions & Lost Pet Reunions
- Comprehensive, affordable veterinary care for shelter animals and owned pets
- High-quality/low-cost spay neuter programs for the public
- Broad community outreach and education programs
- Effective volunteer, foster, rescue and transport programs
- Trap, neuter and return for feral and free-roaming cats
- Targeted pet retention and behavior training programs
- Pet ID and licensing programs increasing return to owner rates
- Management of lost/stray pets for 12 Johnson County municipalities
The mission of Great Plains SPCA is to save, protect and improve the lives of animals, while strengthening the relationship between pets and their human companions.