GLIDE's mission is to create a radically inclusive, just and loving community mobilized to alleviate suffering and break the cycles of poverty and marginalization.
GLIDE is a beloved cultural icon and San Francisco's premiere provider of innovative social services for marginalized populations with an annual operating budget of $18 million and a staff of 160 employees. GLIDE offers comprehensive support services to San Francisco's poor and homeless communities to overcome the barriers of poverty, violence, addiction, dependency and low self-worth. The organization has held steady the vision of supporting and uplifting the disenfranchised through unconditional love, acceptance and respect for over four decades.
Why Work or Volunteer at GLIDE?
- For over 50 years, GLIDE has been breaking down barriers, giving a voice to those who have been silenced and offering a place for all to come home.
- Our Core Values emerge from GLIDE as a spiritual movement. They are rooted in empowerment, recovery and personal transformation. Our values inspire and guide our behaviors.
- Our methodology is radically simple: love, acceptance, and compassion, which we apply through programs in Wellness, Growth, Spirit, and Leadership.
- The strength and vision of our staff empowers us and the community to continue to provide help and unconditional love to those most in need.
- We are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. People of color, differently-abled people and LGBT persons are strongly encouraged to apply.
Case Manager - Housing (Job)
Administrative Assistant (Job)