Niger Delta Professionals for Development
is a Nigerian non-governmental organization operating in the Niger Delta since 1999.
NIDPRODEV is a non-governmental organisation registered with a certificate of Incorporation
from the Corporate Affairs Commission, Federal Republic of Nigeria. NIDPRODEV's mission and vision statements are as follows:
NIDPRODEV envisions a world in which principles of democracy and human rights guide the vision and actions of governance in heightening peace and development
Mission: To facilitate community and human development, foster good governance and create inclusive and diverse networks and collaborations within the Niger Delta and beyond.
NIDPRODEV develops and implements high impact, community centred programmes, its current programs fall within the thematic areas of community development, democracy and governance and human security. Our scope of activities are guided by the following objectives:
- To facilitate dialogue, strengthen co-existence and create a safe platform for difference and diversity amongst stakeholders in the Niger-Delta region and beyond;
- To enhance capacities of youth and women in livelihoods and income generating activities;
- To create an enabling environment that promotes economic investment and developmental activities in the Niger-Delta region and beyond;
- To create awareness and build capacities of stakeholders on their rights and responsibilities as citizens in the Niger-Delta region and beyond;
- To strengthen the capacities of women, youth, CBOs and CSOs on leadership and governance;
- To encourage and promote activities and programs that help to increase safe health practices;
- To advocate for gender equity and mainstreaming and;
- To promote and strengthen active citizen participation in political processes.
Our activities include community assessments and data analysis, organizational capacity assessments and capacity building, training workshops, mentoring and mediation, and socially inclusive collective action for positive change.
Do you work for Niger Delta Professionals for Development? Become an administrator