Oregon Microenterprise Network
The Oregon Microenterprise Network (OMEN) was founded in 1998 as a State Microenterprise Association that represents, builds capacity for and increases the quality of service providers targeting microbusinesses and entrepreneurs who are economically disadvantaged and geographically diverse. Microenterprise
Development Organizations (MDOs), make up 65% of OMEN’s membership. Other members and partners include financial institutions, small business development centers, economic development organizations, community development corporations, state and local government agencies, chambers of commerce, business associations, revolving loan fund programs and small business owners. OMEN’s members assist thousands of low-income small businesses, microbusinesses, and microenterprises throughout the state of Oregon every year.
Become a member today and enjoy the following services offered by OMEN and its partners:
- Market research provided by OMEN’s MarketLink™ program
- Access to best-practice training and technical assistance through regional and statewide conferences
- Information on microenterprise funding, research resources and partnerships
- Networking and specialized learning opportunities
- Regular E-Newsletters, membership directory and resource guide
- Ability to serve on the OMEN Board of Directors and play a key role in determining OMEN’s strategic direction
Thanks to a partnership between OMEN and the Portland State Business Outreach Program, Balm Chicky Balm Balm, a company that sells 70s inspired lip balm, received MarketLink™ services in January and will be able to incorporate the research and analysis into their roll-out in the coming months.
“We appreciated the information from your group since we're really trying to zone in on who our target market is. The last batch of info you sent that listed where all of our competition was selling - especially the online stores was very helpful,” co-owner Abby Schwalb said. “All in all it was great working with your group, your feedback was informative, thorough and showed an understanding of what our needs were.”