SEYWAC believes in an old adage: Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. What SEYWAC aims is to empower the influential groups - youth, women and children - in the society. Once these sections of the society are empowered with resources, capacity building programs the community will automatically empowered.
SEYWAC is a Guidestar approved organization. GuideStar Number (GSN)2624 and Registered with Planning Commission of India,Id as per Planning Commission's NPSAP/2011/0047929:
To promote the socio-economic status, gender equity, equality and empowerment of Women, Youth, Elderly Children and community at large by creating enabling environment, capacity building, advocacy, provide entrepreneurship skills, social services, and social mobilization and develop mechanisms to enhance protection of vulnerable groups.
The aims and objects of SEYWAC are :
- To develop and spread the idea of friendship and fraternity among the people.
- To raise the voice against exploitation, injustice and corruption if found against any individual, class, community in the society.
- To educate the people for adopting the good norms of a good citizen and to work for spreading the ideas of nationality among the people.
- To work for uplifting status of the women in the society. To work against dowry system and to raise voice against the victimization of girl/women by anybody in the society due to dowry related things.
- To work for tree plantation / pollution control.
- To help and generate training programme for self employment of women and educated unemployed people and to work for adult education.
- To create the means for providing medical assistance to the people suffering from diseases, specially for helpless people.
- To provide help under health & nutrition services for women and children.
- To open library and reading room.
- To create Training/education centre and health centre.
- To publish newspaper, magazine, journals and to reproduce works of arts, literature, science, crafts and other allied works/collections of works of arts for instruction and imparting useful knowledge.
- To provide help/shelter/facilities for old people, children and disabled persons for their welfare .
- To run Yoga/Stress management courses.
- To organise religious camps for spreading good living habits, moral values, Indian culture, methods of developing self confidence etc and to create religious centre for the above activities.
- To work for uplifting poor rural/village people for their all round development.
- Provide scholarship/Financial help to poor rural/village people for their all around development.
- To provide help to people suffering from Natural calamities such as flood, Earthquakes, Rail road accidents etc.
- To organise Blood donation camp and Medical diagnostic camp etc.
- To provide financial help to poor & helpless girls for their marriage.
- To provide free legal advice to poor people.
- To create awareness among the people regarding AIDS etc.
- To educate people against taking drugs and Alcohol.
- To work for the preservation of old valuable scripture and historical places.
- To arrange land, building and other facilities for running school/college institution/Library etc.
- To raise funds through collection, donation or subscription and other means and invest money or incur expenditure in such manner as shall promote the attainment of aims and objectives of the Samiti.
- To do such other work which may be for the general welfare of the people.