Key Farmers Cameroon is a non-profit NGO with a mission to promote sustainable agriculture and rural development. Key Farmers is an umbrella organization made up of 50 autonomous farmer groups and over 1500 members. These members come from over 25 different villages in South West Region of Cameroon. Our aim is to pool efforts for the fight against poverty and social inequality in our households and communities. The strategy we utilize is participatory agricultural outreach, training and research activities. Such activities include: crop production and marketing, tree planting, animal husbandry, agro-forestry, water and irrigation, infrastructure, women empowerment, health and sanitation activities, HIV/AIDS sensitization to farmers, etc.
The goal of Key Farmers Cameroon is to empower disadvantaged rural communities in fighting poverty and misery: i.e to create opportunities for farmers to help themselves so as to improve their conditions in a sustainable manner.
SPECIFICALLY THE OBJECTIVES ARE TO:
- Help provide solutions to problems existing in the local agricultural system
- Provide good quality and affordable agricultural education to children and youths
- Acquire and provide high-yielding seedlings, better tools and other inputs to farmers
- Prevent rural – urban exodus by assisting youths to embark on environmentally sound projects
- Assist poor and disadvantaged families take active part in community development
- Empower rural women and assist them to come up with small enterprise development projects, to improve their conditions
- Educate members on financial management and set up a micro-finance for farmers
SOME PROJECTS AND PROGRAMS:
- Organic Farming project
- Agriculture Clubs at schools
- Rice Farming Project
- Rural Water program
- Farmers' Revolving Credit Fund
- Mushroom Farming Project
- Bee Farming Project
- HIV/AIDS sensitization education
- Biochar Project, etc.
Key Farmers Cameroon is a non-profit NGO with a mission to promote sustainable agriculture and rural development. Key Farmers is an umbrella organization made up of 50 autonomous farmer groups and over 1500 members. These members come…