PFLAG Seattle Chapter
Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals and Transgenders promotes the health and well-being of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered persons, their families and friends through:
- Support to cope with an adverse society
- Education to enlighten an ill-informed public
- Advocacy to end discrimination and secure equal civil rights.
PFLAG provides opportunity for dialogue about sexual orientation, and acts to create a society that is healthy and respectful of human diversity. Keeping families together is the mission of PFLAG. Our family values stress education, understanding, acceptance, and support, but most of all love, thereby empowering our children — straight and gay — to lead happy and productive lives.
Seattle PFLAG consists of:
- parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, sisters, brothers, children, spouses
- friends and allies
- lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered persons
PFLAG is also:
- a non-profit, tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) corporation
- not affiliated with any ethnic, religious, economic, or political group
- a volunteer, local, community-based group