Educating Young Minds
Educating Young Minds is a rich and diverse supplemental learning environment where students (grades K-12) are encouraged to grow academically, emotionally and socially.
1. The Ray Charles / Educating Young Minds Enrichment and Learning Program (2:30 p.m.-- 10:00 p.m.) is an after-school tutorial program that provides academic assistance and support with schoolwork and tests in English, math (basic math through Calculus), sciences, foreign languages, and others, allowing for monitoring of grades and behavior.
2. The home-study program (9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.) allows students enrolled in an independent studies program to attend classes at EYM.
3. The Saturday program (10 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.) provides classes for standardized tests, the ISEE, the SSAT, the new SAT, and the ACT college entrance exam.
4. The summer skills program (9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.) allows EYM an opportunity to focus on remediation (many new students test well below grade level) and on preparing students for academic concepts during the school year.
5. The college scholarship program provides four-year financial assistance of $6,000 to $10,000 and a laptop computer to graduating EYM students.
6. ACCESS / NO EXCUSE is an on-line tutorial program developed by Educating Young Minds collegiate graduates that provides students with a wide range of interactive learning opportunities.