27, Mulik Colony, Somalwada, Wardha Road, Nagpur
Sahyadri Foundation established under Sahyadri Gramin Vikas va Bahuuddeshiya Yuvak Kalyan Sanstha registered under Society Registration Act, 1860 and Trust under the Mumbai Public Trust Act, 1950 on dated march 2002 and also Income Tax Registration U/S 12 A of IT Act 1961. 80G of Income Tax Act, 1961 Registration No.: CIT-IV/NGP/TECK/80G/30A/10-11 and Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 1976 Registration No.: 083870231 Sahyadri is a non government development organization working on issues affecting the urban & rural people, with a special focus on Tobacco Control, HIV/AIDS, Cancer & TB. Sahyadri has made significant contributions in the areas like Tobacco Control and recently we actively involved in implementation of Anti-Tobacco Law in and around the schools/colleges of Nagpur Division. We are also in Life Skill Education, Sickle Cell Control, Women Empowerment, Youth Welfare, Individual & Group Counseling, Psychological Training to Teachers, Sport, Old age & Physically Challenged People, Rural and Urban Development, Environment, Slum Development, Rehabilitations of women & child, Farmer’s Suicide, Yoga Camp, Career Guidance and Counseling Centre etc. We provide counseling, diagnosis, treatments, awareness and training etc.
Sahyadri is one of the active & renowned NGO of the Nagpur District and having strength of 100 Out Reach Workers, one supervisor and one project coordinator for HIV-TB Coordination project under GFATM Round III. Sahyadri has provided internship program to various students of M.B.A., M.S.W. and B.S.W. of various colleges like IIM Raipur, ITM Mumbai and Nagpur University Colleges to understand the managerial and management role in social work and to sensitize the students towards the poor and underprivileged sections of the society. Our responsibility to mould them as responsible citizens of this country.
Sahyadri Foundation is established under parent organization of Sahyadri Gramin Vikas a Bahuuddeshiya Yuvak Kalyan Sanstha.
Vision: Create young and developed nation wherein every individual enjoys quality. Goal: Its goal is to promote competency among all health care and social providers for implementing and assessing innovative and result-oriented programmes and to create awareness in the society about health, education, women empowerment, social justice, career guidance, environment and Rural & Urban Development. The provision of urgent humanitarian and development aid to populations in developing community, society and countries in Economic & Social.
1. Name of the Organisation: Sahyadri Gramin Vikas va Bahuuddeshiya Yuvak Kalyan Sanstha
2. Income Tax PAN No of the Applicant: AAFTS5355R
3. Contact Address:
Registered Address: C/o Vijay Kshirsagar, 987, Ward No. 4, Opp. N.P. School No. 2, Peth Vibhag, Narkhed- 441304, Distt. Nagpur, Maharashtra Telephone No. 07105-232572, 09860998971 / 2 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.sahyadri.org.in
Branch Office 1: Plot No. 27, Mulik Colony, B/h Airport Centre Point Hotel, Somalwada, Wardha Road, Nagpur- 440025, Maharashtra Ph. No. 0712-2293314, 09860998971, 09371703969
Branch Office 2: 160, “Daya”, Surendra Nagar, Nagpur- 440025 Ph. 09860998971
4. Contact Person: Mr. Vijay Ashokrao Kshirsagar Designation: President 5. Registration number and date under any State/Central Law:
1. Registration No.: MH- 230/02 Date: 02/03/2002 Registering Authority: Society Registration Act, 1860
2. Registration No.: F-19097(N) Date: 27/05/2002 Registering Authority: Mumbai Public Trust Act, 1950
3. Registration No.: 083870231 Date: 24/06/2010 Registering Authority: Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 1976
4. Registration No.: CIT-IV/NGP/TECK/80G/30A/10-11 Date: 29/06/2010 Registering Authority: 80G of Income Tax Act, 1961
5. Registration No.: 321 Date: 29/09/2009 Registering Authority: 12AA of Income Tax Act, 1961
6. Registration No.: 573 Date: 24/06/2009 Registering Authority: Nehru Yuva Kendra, Nagpur
6. List of the Current Employee with organization:
Sl. No. Name# Education Designation Experience in Tobacco field 1. Mr. Daulat Yeole MSW Project Coordinator cum M&E 11 yrs 2. Ms. Vijeta Natiye MSW Supervisor 3 yrs 3. Mr. Vilas Khandare MSW Supervisor 3 yrs 4. Mr. Vilas Irpate MSW Field Worker 2 yrs 5. Ms. Mayuri Talware MSW Field Worker 2 yrs 6. Ms. Sushma Patre MSW Field Worker 2 yrs 7. Ms. Vaishali Raut MSW Field Worker 1 yr 8. Ms. Nishali Kolte MSW Field Worker 1 yr 9. Ms. Sonu Ingole MSW Field Worker 1 yr 10. More than 100 volunteers having MSW, BSW, MBBS, Software, Engineering and social field are attached with Sahyadri
Current and Past projects & programmes:
1. Tobacco Control Program We are also working on “Tobacco Control Program” with Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation, Mumbai. We have implemented Anti-Tobacco Law in and around schools and colleges of Nagpur District with king support of District Collector and NMC. Under this program, we are generating school, colleges and community awareness programmes in Nagpur District. Sahyadri has made significant contributions in the areas like Tobacco Control and recently we implemented Anti-Tobacco Law in and around the schools/colleges of Nagpur District.
2. HIV-TB Coordination Project: We have implemented project under GFATM Round III to "HIV-TB Co-ordination" in Nagpur District with The Maharashtra State Anti-TB Association, Mumbai funded by MSACS and NACO, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, New Delhi. We had staffs of 100 Out Reach Workers (ORWs), one Project Co-ordinator and one supervisor to handle this activity in Nagpur District. In this project, we gave opportunity and employment to PLHA (Peoples Living with HIV/AIDS) peoples whose husband or wives were not alive in this world. Project activity includes promote early diagnosis and treatment of Tuberculosis in HIV infected persons at sub district level & vice versa, increase coverage of HIV prevention and care, intervention and increase demand for prevention, care and support for HIV & TB through community mobilization and capacity building at community level, referring suspected HIV clients for counseling & TB clients for sputum collection after screening through home visit, one to one session, one to group session and follow up to them. Also we sensitize community through community sensitization meetings, private practioner’s (Private Doctors) meetings and sensitization of local decision makers meeting. We are actively involved to avoid Stigma related to TB and HIV/AIDS from community and helping HIV/AIDS patients to reach ART centre for treatment, keeping TB patients on DOTS and increase Linkage between ART and CCC to conform the TB status of patients and their family members. 3. Mahatma Gandhi Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme(NREGA) “Mahatma Gandhi Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (NREGA)” with District Collector Office, Nagpur under Ministry of Rural Development, New Delhi. Under this project, we generate employment to poor labors and act as an intermediate between government and labors. We supports farmers, villagers for creating watersheds, pandhan road etc assets for increasing earning, livelihood and standards. This program supports for increasing their (Farmers and Villagers) earning and betterment of their life. This work is ground level work with farmers and villagers of Nagpur District. 4. Early Detection and Screening Camps on Cancer We are working on “Early Detection and Screening Camps on Cancer” with Rashtrasant Tukdoji Cancer Hospital, Nagpur. We just open counselling cell in same hospital to guide patients. We are technically attached with Cancer Patients Aid Association, Mumbai on same issues. 5. HIV/AIDS Awareness Program for women and children We are working on “HIV/AIDS Awareness Program” with Nagpur Municipal Corporation in 136 wards of Nagpur since July 2010. Under this project, we are sensitizing whole Nagpur Urban through Street Play and motivate clients to attend nearest ICTC. Pre-counselling to clients by experts of medical field at the venue of programmes. Suspected clients referred to ICTC by giving referral slips to clients to attend ICTC. This program is revised every years. 6. HIV/AIDS, TB and Cancer Detection and Awareness Programmes We are also working with R. D. Birla Smarak Kosh, Mumbai in "HIV/AIDS, TB and Cancer Detection and Awareness Programmes" in Nagpur Rural from 2006. 7. “Advocacy, Communication and Social Mobilization (ACSM) We are also working on “Advocacy, Communication and Social Mobilization (ACSM)” under RNTCP with Nagpur Municipal Corporation in Nagpur. 8. Life Skill Education This program was under Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, New Delhi. Under “Life Skill Education”, we provide training by experts in various fields like famous psychologist Mr. Ajay Dhoke (IRS) Assistant Commissioner of Income Tax, Nagpur and others. Under this program, we covered critical thinking, creative thinking, decision making, problem solving, interpersonal relationship, effective communication, coping with emotions and stress, self awareness, empathy, social skills, loneliness, yoga, meditation etc. We are working with Women and Child Committee, Nagpur Municipal Corporation for women and child awareness on HIV/AIDS in Nagpur. We are going started “Life Skill education” at Nagpur city with NMC in 2010-11session. 9. Tuberculosis Adherence Program under RNTCP This program with Nagpur Municipal Corporation in Nagpur City to motivate peoples for undertake sputum collection and testing 10. Movie Screening We organized “Movie Screening” charity show for poor slum living children at Cinemax Multiplex, Nagpur. This program is with HSBC bank. 11. Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme (RNTCP) Scheme-I We have successfully completed project under Scheme-I of "Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme (RNTCP)" with District TB Centre, Nagpur under TU Saoner. Under this scheme we had organized various effective awareness programmes and made the general public aware of various aspects of Tuberculosis and RNTCP. We also organized various group meetings, awareness camp and prepared and distributed printed IEC materials. 12. Sickle Cell Control Program “Sickle Cell Control Program” in Nagpur District with special focuses on tribal villages. Program includes electrophoresis testing and if found positive, sending them for further test and treatment. 13. Family Counselling Centre “Family Counselling Centre” with Equitas Microfinance India Pvt Ltd 14. Dental Check-up Camps “Dental Check-up Camps” with Dadasaheb Kalmegh Dental College, Nagpur 15. What after 10+2 “What after 10+2” career guidance program held at Narkhed. Dr. Shrikant Jichkar (Ex-MP, IAS, IPS) addresses to rural students. Outstanding response got to this program. “Chief Minister Career Guidance” Scheme by Dr. Shrikant Jichkar is output of this program. 16. Vocational Job Oriented Training Training to Self Help Group women with Equitas Microfinance in Nagpur District. There are more than 50000 women who are registered under this program.
17. Free Textbook Distribution Free Textbook distribution on Competitive Exams to Nagar Parishad Vachnalaya, Narkhed for rural students. 18. Plantation Program Plantation Programmes project under Climate Change. Mr. Manish Rahate, Jr Scientist, NEERI Nagpur (M.S. in Water Conservation, B.Tech from VNIT, Nagpur) guided participants on Climate Change effects.
19. Competitive Exam Guidance “Competitive Exam Guidance” for rural students. Dr Bhushankumar Upadhyaya, SP, Nagpur Rural (IPS) addresses in this program to rural students and motivated for shaping rural students career in competitive exam. 20. Training to Trainers program with WWF-India Under EU-India Joint Action Plan Support Facility (APSF) supported by Ministry of Environment and Forests, New Delhi, we are the part of WWF-India for “Training to Trainers” programme for Chemical Management in Nagpur District. Rally, Street play, Kathputli Show, IEC Material Distribution, Meetings, Camps and Awareness Camps on various issues Various Awareness program with SHG, Anganwadi Workers, Local leaders, Schools, Colleges, Panchayat Samittee, Private Practitioners (Doctors), High Risk Area, Slum area, Tribal Villages etc and also with big corporate agencies. Apart from these, we are also connected with Agriculture, women and child welfare, women empowerment, Youth and their career development, Environment etc. We are always conducting child development programs for poor and rural students to develop their social, educational standards
Do you work for Sahyadri Foundation? Become an administrator