Libre Geoscience Mission
It is the mission of Libre Geoscience to
- Promote Free Culture, Open Data, Open Access and Free Software in the context of participatory geospatial science.
- Protect our commonwealth through means such as decentralization of knowledge, strong copyleft, and collective ownership.
- Perpetuate our cultural and scientific commons by preserving knowledge in standards based repositories.
Libre Geoscience Goals
- Provide information regarding the social movement to liberate geospatial tools and information.
- Create an archive of public domain geospatial data, providing an open access infrastructure to the data.
- Develop a free/open source geospatial platform enabling public processing and analysis of geospatial data.