Our mission is to provide learning experiences and caring support services to the multicultural and underserved people of the Roslindale community, allowing them to nurture their individual gifts and potential.
- Respect the dignity of every person, valuing individual and cultural perspectives and differences.
- Welcome new immigrants unconditionally.
- Be inclusive, open to all, regardless of ethnicity, income level, religion.
- Accompany the materially poor, meeting them where they are at, listening to their needs.
- Stand with the materially poor in their struggle for justice.
- Partner with those organizations who are committed to improve the quality of life for those we serve.
- Recognize that we are an integral part of a larger community.
- To provide immigration and employment services to immigrant adults in support of their transition into their new environment, the workforce, and to a path to US citizenship.
- To provide an adult literacy program where immigrants who speak, read, and write little or no English can receive help and support.
- To advocate for/with our neighbors on issues impacting their everyday needs.
- To provide a safe and nurturing environment for neighborhood children to develop good study habits and healthy lifestyles.
- To mentor and foster experiences for our volunteers that are both formative and transformative.
- To enhance neighborhood safety initiatives/involvement and foster community in lower Roslindale