Centre for Development and Environmental Protection
Po Box 129 Kumbo
C/o Dongmo Chamber, Bui Division
To create a platform were farmers and professionals can meet to find solutions to their problems (environmental, social, cultural and economic).MISSION
To support community groups and individual households to improve on their livelihood through the implementation of eco-friendly initiatives and capacity building to foster sustainability.Aims
- To protect water catchments, watershed, and forest by scaling up tree domestication, planting environmental friendly trees to foster adaptation to climate-smart technologies;
- To protect wildlife by encouraging hunters and farmers to practice bee farming, poultry farming, goat/sheep rearing, eco-tourism initiatives like tour guiding for wildlife watching and research
- To promote literacy and numeracy among youths and women (especially girls) and farmer groups in the village.
- To promote value-chain by processing fruits into juice; wild mushroom harvesting,research and production.STRATEGY
CEDEP believes on using the participatory approach to identify problems, provide solutions, monitor and follow up of activities. We also:
Provide free advice to farmer groups and individuals in the villages by
visiting them on meeting days and sometimes subsidies cost of seeds for those
wishing to grow organic vegetables.
- Set up a Mushroom research and spawn production unit to foster
mushroom production in the community to ensure all year availability of
mushrooms which is a seasonal resource.
- Train individual households on mushroom cultivation as well as provide immediate market to households engaged in wild mushroom harvesting. By this, a network of mushroom growers will be established in the villages.
- With the use of GIS, the Tubah Forest Reserve which have very limited data will be mapped and geo-referenced, flora and fauna inventory done, carbon stock measured and a 5 years conservation management plan design.- Build Partnership with community groups and other organizations
Do you work for Centre for Development and Environmental Protection? Become an administrator