Livable Buckhead, Inc
Livable Buckhead, Inc. strives to ensure the long term vitality and prosperity of the Buckhead community by working cooperatively with individuals, public entities and private businesses to integrate into everyday life and business sustainable strategies that improve the environment and quality of life in the community.
- Community Greening
- Parks and Greenspace – Encourage the development and use of significant public green spaces to enhance community vibrance, health and identity.
- Sustainability – Serve as a leader in sustainable community practices to retain existing businesses, attract new businesses and ensure continued community investment.
- Resource Conservation – Reduce consumption of valuable energy and water resources.
- Resource Reclamation – Reduce the amounts of waste delivered to landfills by establishing a robust recycling program and community-wide purchasing for recycled content materials.
- Community Placemaking
- Social & Cultural Vibrance – Promote existing and catalyze development of new cultural assets to enhance community vibrance and differentiate Buckhead from other communities.
- Programming – Encourage the development of a dynamic urban experience through the active deployment of festivals and other street level activity.
- Public Health & Safety – Support the Atlanta Police Department and local building security in providing a safe and secure environment for all people and property in the Buckhead community by facilitating information exchange.
- Innovation – Showcase and encourage the development of new sustainable strategies in real world applications.
- Community Accessibility
- Mobility – Provide transportation choice through integrated land use and transportation planning and implementation of transportation demand management strategies.
- Housing – Encourage the provision of a variety of housing choices to accommodate “cradle to grave” living for all Buckhead residents.
- Community Competitiveness
- Provide information and services that will help retain existing businesses, attract new businesses and ensure continued community investment.