Seattle Public Library Foundation
The Seattle Public Library Foundation helps the Library build its collection and resources, offer programs for patrons of all ages, and better serve the needs of our community. We do this by securing and managing donations from individuals, businesses and foundations to support the Library above and beyond what public funding provides.
The Foundation is a not-for-profit corporation 501(c)(3) established in 1980 and governed by a volunteer board of directors. A professional staff raises and administers gifts and ensures the effectiveness of funded programs.
Since its founding, The Seattle Public Library Foundation has raised more than $100 million for the Library to support:
- Building new and revitalized libraries in every neighborhood.
- Programming for children, teens, and adults.
- Books and resources, including funding for special collections.
- Services for those with special needs, such as the disabled, immigrants, and refugees.
- Technology resources for library patrons.