Chicago Genealogical Society
The Chicago Genealogical Society was begun in 1967 as a not-for-profit educational organization devoted to collecting, preserving and perpetuating the records of our ancestors, and to stimulate an interest in all people who contributed in any way to the establishment of Chicago and its surrounding area.
Purpose and Goals:
- To collect, preserve, and perpetuate the records of our ancestors.
- To recognize the contributions of those who participated in the establishment of Chicago and the surrounding area.
- To stimulate interest in the history of Chicago and family history research.
- To publish genealogical and historical research materials.
- To provide a forum to exchange research methods and ideas with other members.
- To offer programs by which members can obtain knowledge and "how-to" information on researching their family history.
Our mailing address is:
Chicago Genealogical Society P.O. Box 1160 Chicago, IL 60690-1160
If you have questions about Membership, Publications, or the Website, or need to update your email address, send us an email at: email@example.com.
Do you work for Chicago Genealogical Society? Become an administrator