University of Wisconsin Cooperative Extension
117 E 5th St
Through the University of Wisconsin-Extension, all Wisconsin people can access university resources and engage in lifelong learning, wherever they live and work.
Fundamental to this mission are UW-Extension’s partnerships with the 26 UW campuses, the county and tribal governments, and other public and private organizations. Fulfilling the promise of the Wisconsin Idea, UW-Extension extends the boundaries of the university to the boundaries of the state and helps the university establish mutually beneficial connections with all its stakeholders.
For millions of Wisconsin individuals, families, businesses and communities, UW-Extension is the doorway to their public university, enabling them to:
- Achieve personal growth, professional success and organizational effectiveness through formal and informal learning;
- Address the changing needs of the state and society by applying relevant university research; and
- Gain greater access to educational, cultural and civic resources through the use of technologies.
In addition, UW-Extension supports the University of Wisconsin System mission by:
- Providing strong leadership for the university’s statewide public service mission;
- Integrating a scholarly approach to outreach across many academic disciplines; and
- Addressing the specific educational needs of under-served, disadvantaged and non-traditional students.