WHO WE ARE
GlobeMed envisions a world in which health — the ability to not only survive but thrive — is possible for all people. We aim to strengthen the movement for global health equity by empowering students and communities to work together to improve the health of people living in poverty around the world.
GlobeMed was founded twelve years ago by a group of students who sought to challenge the status quo in global health engagement. We connect university-based chapters in long-term partnerships with grassroots organizations in Africa, Asia, and the Americas. Today, we are a dynamic network of more than 6,000 next-generation leaders from 60 university campuses and grassroots organizations around the world. Together, our network is committed to fostering the global health leadership and partnership needed for tomorrow. Learn more at www.globemed.org or explore our 10th Year Impact Report.
VALUES AND TEAM CULTURE
From our students, to our grassroots partners, to our staff at the Global Headquarters, the GlobeMed network is united by the following values:
- Health is a human right and a matter of social justice
- We believe in the power and potential of young people
- Enduring change starts at the grassroots
- Diversity and inclusion are essential to health equity
- Relationships drive transformation
- We can realize health for all, if we work together
We also seek to embody GlobeMed's Leadership Practices, which guide our organizational programs and culture.