Lutheran Volunteer Corps
1226 Vermont Ave NW
Lutheran Volunteer Corps is a faith-based, full-time service & leadership program operating in 8 cities across the U.S. Our mission: to unite people to work for peace with justice. We do this by placing 85 Volunteers in full-time positions at social justice organizations for a year. All our Volunteers live together in intentional community, practicing simple & sustainable living, while exploring spirituality. LVC offers all Volunteers housing, living stipend, health insurance & 2 weeks’ vacation.
Seeking people who want to: explore how their privilege impacts their day to day choices; create a strong connection between personal values and how one lives their lives; and deepen skill of building relationships with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
- You will be matched in a position that aligns with your social justice interests and talents.
- You will live simply and sustainably in intentional community and learn conflict resolution and consensus building skills that will help you to build bridges across difference toward shared goals.
- You will gain a deeper intellectual and emotional understanding of institutional and structural oppression in which we all have been socialized and in which all work for peace with justice takes place.
- You will be connected and energized by your own sources of spiritual strength that direct, impact, and sustain your commitment to peace with justice.
- Furnished Housing
- Yearly Stipend (covers housing, transportation, food & personal needs)
- Health Insurance, if needed
- Regional retreats & programming
- Post-Service Graduate School Scholarships: http://lutheranvolunteercorps.org/alumni-opps
- Student Loans can be put on income-driven repayment, deferment or forbearance: http://lutheranvolunteercorps.org/student-loans-lvc/
- 21 or older by early August
- H.S. diploma or GED; B.A. preferred
- Not required to be a U.S. citizen; permanent residents, F-1 students and DACA recipients welcome to apply. We do not sponsor international applicants.
- LVC Volunteers come from a wide variety of faith backgrounds, and do not need to be Lutheran
- Married and committed partners are welcome to apply
Welcome to All: LVC is on a Journey to an Inclusive Community, forming and strengthening alliances among people of many cultures and communities, and intentionally dismantling racism within LVC, the church, and society. As a Reconciling in Christ organization, LVC welcomes and encourages the participation of people of all gender identities and sexual orientations in all aspects of LVC.
LVC has positions in: Addiction/Recovery, Education, Environment, Food Justice, Gender Equality, Health Care, HIV/AIDS, Housing, Immigration, International Solidarity, Legal Aid, LGBTQ Equality, Refugee Services, Senior Services, Supporting people with Disabilities, Workers’ Rights, Youth Engagement
Apply: The program begins in early August of each year. The application deadlines are January 15 and April 1, followed by a rolling deadline until positions are filled. Apply online now: http://www.lutheranvolunteercorps.org. Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Domestic Violence Prevention - Between Friends - LVC Corps Member (Volunteer Opportunity)
Lutheran Family Services - Omaha - LVC Corps Member (Volunteer Opportunity)
Girls in the Game – Chicago - LVC Corps Member (Volunteer Opportunity)
La Clinica del Pueblo - Volunteer Coordinator - LVC Corps Member (Volunteer Opportunity)
La Clinica del Pueblo - Case Worker - LVC Corps Member (Volunteer Opportunity)
Erie Neighborhood House – Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator - LVC Corps Member (Volunteer Opportunity)
Erie Neighborhood House – Health and Leadership Programs Assistant - LVC Corps Member (Volunteer Opportunity)
Grace Lutheran Church - Community Outreach Associate - LVC Corps Member (Volunteer Opportunity)
L'Arche Greater Washington, DC - Assistant/Care Giver - LVC Corps Member (Volunteer Opportunity)
Trinity Lutheran Church - Community Connector - LVC Corps Member (Volunteer Opportunity)
Partnership 4 Kids - High School Case Manager - LVC Corps Member (Volunteer Opportunity)
Do you work for Lutheran Volunteer Corps? Become an administrator