B-Girls is dedicated to serving and enhancing the lives of African American girls,and those who identify with African Americans girlhood, through mentorship, health and nutritional initiatives, along with teenage specific career development, educational, and cultural programming.
We aim to:
- Embrace the strength, confidence, and femininity of Black girlhood.
- Embrace our commonalities and differences.
- Embrace the legacy of strong Black women that paved a way for our success.
- Encourage the period of development in "B-Girls" as they transition to womanhood.
- Emphasize the importance of the extended family structure in African American culture.