- Saint Paul
310 E. 38th St. Suite 204B
Gardening Matters grows the success and sustainability of community gardens by supporting the gardeners that make them happen. We connect gardeners with resources, training, and networking opportunities, provide public education, advocate for supportive community garden policies, and build community and regional collaboration for the Good Food movement, embracing home gardening and community gardening as a vital part of a diverse, community-based food system.
In summer of 2008, the three year program, GardenWorks, became Gardening Matters, an independent organization dedicated to community gardeners across the Twin Cities and Minnesota. Gardening Matters continues the mission and programming of GardenWorks to work with gardeners to create vibrant sustainable community gardens that are assets to the communities in which they reside.
Gardening Matters believes that community gardeners are the best experts on community gardening. Answers to many dilemmas faced by community garden groups have already been faced by other community gardeners.
Gardening Matters Goals
- To strengthen networking between community garden groups
- To strengthen internal functioning of community gardens
- To improve public relations and advocate for supportive policies for community gardens
- To foster partnerships between the gardening community and public and private sectors
- To assist with the establishment of new community gardens
Do you work for Gardening Matters? Become an administrator