Rocky Mountain PKD Foundation
The PKD Foundation
Since 1982, the PKD Foundation has been building to this moment - this pivotal tipping point - when treatments for PKD are truly, finally, within reach. The progress has been so great that co-founder Jared Grantham, MD, has to pinch himself sometimes to believe it.
But it is true. The PKD Foundation has come a long way since its first year funding research - one grant for only $25,000. In 2009, the PKD Foundation funded 32 projects in five countries for a total of nearly $2 million.
And that's not all. With the support of so many, the PKD Foundation has:
- Invested in critical PKD research leading to 20 clinical trials
- and exciting partnerships aimed at accelerating the drug development process
- Lobbied the federal government for increased support of PKD research
- Built an expansive and passionate volunteer network
- Created national events, such as the Walk for PKD and Run for PKD, raising awareness and millions of dollars for PKD.
It's no wonder Dr. Grantham has to pinch himself. When he teamed up with Kansas City real estate developer Joseph Bruening to form the PKD Foundation, the genes for PKD hadn't been identified, there were only a handful of researchers working in PKD science and the promise for therapies were a distant dream. The PKD Foundation changed all that, providing help and hope where there was none.
Today, the PKD Foundation is the only organization worldwide dedicated to fighting PKD through research, education, advocacy, support and awareness. Our goal is simple - to discover and deliver treatments and a cure for PKD.