American Hospice Foundation
The American Hospice Foundation's mission is to improve access to quality hospice care through public education, professional training and advocacy on behalf of conusmers.
The Foundation advances hospice concepts by:
- Training school professionals who work with grieving students.
- Educating employers and managers about the needs of grieving employees.
- Creating tools to help hospices reach out to their communities.
- Promoting improved hospice benefits in managed care organizations.
- Initiating research on consumer needs and preferences in end-of-life care.
By forging partnerships at local and national levels, we ensure that hospice care is available to many who might otherwise be underserved. Our current initiatives include:
- Training workshops and materials on grieving children for educators.
- Employer outreach campaign to aid bereaved employees and their co-workers.
- In-service programs for hospice and nursing home staff.
- Tools for decision-making at the end of life for caregivers of the terminally ill.