Women and Girls Foundation
The mission of the Women and Girls Foundation (WGF) is to achieve equality for women and girls, now and for generations to come. Our vision is for women and girls in Pennsylvania to have equal access, opportunity, and influence in all aspects of their public and private lives. To realize this vision, the organization’s active work is focused on developing the female leaders of tomorrow and advancing women’s rights today.
WGF considers all initiatives and programs through the lens of five core values:
- We believe that when women and girls thrive, communities prosper.
- We seek equity for all women without discrimination on the basis of nationality, economic status, class, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, or marital status.
- Our programs and initiatives drive statewide solutions to the problem of gender inequity.
- Empowering girls, as well as women, is central to our mission. We engage young women as donors, activists, and leaders.
- Engaging men as allies, partners, and champions for gender equity is vital for our mission’s success.
The Women and Girls Foundation is a 501c3 non-profit organization, based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.