Central Florida Community Action Agency
The Central Florida Community Action Agency (CFCAA) is a private, nonprofit, community-based organization whose purpose is to reduce poverty and help low-income individuals and families become self-sufficient in Alachua, Levy, and Marion Counties.
We offer the following services:
- Emergency Assistance: CFCAA has funding for one-time emergency needs.
- Family Self-Sufficiency Program: A case manager is assigned to help individuals become independent of social and public assistance, including help acquiring education or job training.
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program: This can include a one-time payment for an energy bill.
- Weatherization Assistance Program: The goal is to reduce energy costs in the home and to repair, or weatherize, homes to be safe and energy efficient.
- Meals on Wheel (in Newberry): Elderly and homebound individuals in Newberry can receive a nutritious, hot meal delivered to their home four days a week.
- CFCAA is committed to helping people strengthen their lives through community partnerships.
Community Action Agencies (CAAs) were established under the Economic Opportunity Act of 1964 to fight America’s War on Poverty. Community Action Agencies help people to help themselves in achieving self-sufficiency. Today, there are approximately 1,000 Community Action Agencies in the United States.
CFCAA's goals are to sensitize the community, government and private sectors to the needs of the poor, promote institutional change, and maintain a service delivery network that provides the opportunity for individuals to move towards self-sufficiency and independence.
Do you work for Central Florida Community Action Agency? Become an administrator