TECH CORPS is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ensuring ALL K-12 students have access to high-quality computer science learning experiences, skills and resources that enhance early learning and prepare them for college and career. TECH CORPS develops technology programs and deploys tech-savvy talent to assist K-12 schools and youth-serving organizations across the country.
Why We Do It:
We believe ALL K-12 students should have access to high-quality computer science learning experiences. Computer science is not about learning how to use a computer, or even just programming. Computer science is about deeper learning – computational thinking, problem solving and creativity. We believe studying computer science, regardless of a student's ultimate occupation, provides the knowledge and practices necessary to be ready for college or career.
How We Do It:
The actions we take to realize these beliefs coalesce around Programs, People and Partners.
• PROGRAMS: We design computer science and IT programs that are rigorous, relevant and fun. These programs range from awareness to exploration to immersion.
• PEOPLE: We recruit, train and support tech talent to implement TECH CORPS programs.
• PARTNERS: We work with partners, who believe as we do and together we provide students and teachers access to programs designed to educate, excite and empower.
Because We Do It:
• Students have opportunities to make connections between the technology they love to use, and the educational and career pathways associated with the creation of this technology.
• Students traditionally underrepresented in technology have safe and supportive learning
environments that encourage them to explore, tinker and learn skills and concepts focused on
computer science and technology.
• Classroom teachers receive professional development, curriculum, and the support they need to bring computer science into their classroom in a way that is rigorous and connected to student learning.
• Students are graduating high school and pursuing computer science and IT-related degrees or enrolling in IT training programs.
TECH CORPS is a nonprofit organization dedicated to ensuring ALL K-12 students have access to high-quality computer science learning experiences, skills and resources that enhance early learning and prepare them for college and…