Akonya Community Based Organization
Kisumu Ahero Awasi Road
Promotion of a healthy community
To improve health of community through, access to services and empowerment
(i) Commitment: Akonya Community Health Services will be committed to serve the Nyando Community.
(ii) Integrity: Akonya Community Health Services will at all times conduct her operations in a transparent and accountable manner
(iii) Participation: Akonya Community Health Services will strive for community involvement and participation.
(iv) Excellence: Akonya Community Health Services will uphold high standards in quality service delivery.
(v) Partnership: Akonya Community Health Services will, the entire time partner with the GOK, communities, local and international organization to create impact on its deliverables.
The main objective of Akonya Community Health Services is to improve health status of individuals, families and the community of Nyando Sub County.
i. To reduce reproductive health problems among female of reproductive age 9 years to 49 years in Nyando Constituency.
ii. To prevent, control and reduce Malaria incidences in Nyando Sub County, Kisumu County.
iii. To prevent HIV infection through HIV testing and counseling, psychosocial support, linkages to care and treatment, defaulter tracing and adherence to ART regimen.
iv. To reduce drugs and substance abuse in Nyando Sub County and rehabilitate the abusers
v. To improve household livelihood security of Nyando Sub County
vi. To empower the community through capacity building in health and community development
1. Reproductive health of females 9 years to 49 years
2. Malaria prevention, control and treatment
3. HIV/AIDs prevention, HIV infection through HIV testing and counseling, psychosocial support, linkages to care and treatment, defaulter tracing and adherence to ART regimen.
4. Drug and substance abuse prevention and rehabilitation among the youth
5. Household livelihood security(I GAS and agribusiness
6. Community health financing
7. Community health systems strengthening, human resources for health, infrastructural development, commodities and supplies
8. Akonya clinic (Community pharmacy, drug supplies and treatment of minor ailments)