Boys & Girls Clubs of Metropolitan Baltimore
Looking to re-establish Clubs in Baltimore City, Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) asked Boys & Girls Clubs of Harford County to help with the effort and as a result, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Metropolitan Baltimore (BGCMB), was established as a wholly owned LLC in May 2007. In April 2009, BGCMB became a separate and independent 501c3 organization. The first Club was opened in July 2007 in partnership with the Baltimore City Department of Recreation and Parks at their CC Jackson Recreation Center in Park Heights.
Following our first club opening, we've opened several others around our beloved City of Baltimore!
- O’Donnell Heights - Opened January 2008 in partnership with the Police Athletic League
- Baltimore City Juvenile Justice Center - Opened October 2008 in partnership with the State of Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
- Westport Homes - Opened in May 2009 in partnership with the Baltimore City Housing Authority Recently we have established a Club operation at the
- Webster Kendrick-Callaway Elementary School - Opened in partnership with Baltimore City Public Schools and The Family League
- Brooklyn O'Malley - Awarded to BGCMB by City Recreation & Parks (replacing the Park Heights & the Brooklyn Homes Club)
"To inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens."
We accomplish this mission by providing a safe place for youth to learn and grow, fostering genuine and ongoing relationships between our youth and caring adult professionals, sponsoring positive, life-enhancing programs, and by promoting character development, hope, and opportunity.