to promote the stability of the Western Queens community and the welfare of individual residents by:
- providing senior citizens with a social and educational center whose programs help them maintain their independence.
- Offering youth positive educational, enhancement, and recreational opportunities and providing alternatives to hopelessness and failure, crime, substance abuse, and dropping out of school;
- providing immigrants with the skills, confidence, and, to the degree possible, employment to acclimate to their social settings and succed in their lives;
- developing intergenerational programs which foster harmony and good will among young people and old; and
- enhancing the quality of life of homebound and frail elderly through a variety of social and health programs, with the goal of enabling them to live as independently as possible and to maintain a satisfactory standard of living in the community.