MedStar Montgomery Medical Center
MedStar Montgomery Medical Center is located in Olney, Maryland, in the north-eastern corner of Montgomery County. We have been a cornerstone of the community, with a long and rich history dedicated to serving the citizens of Montgomery and surrounding counties.
We were founded in 1918 by Jacob Wheeler Bird, MD and became a member of MedStar Health, the region's largest non-profit and most trusted integrated healthcare delivery system, in 2008. The original hospital had 28 beds and was the first acute care hospital in Montgomery County. We currently have 138 inpatient beds. Our 20,000-square-foot Emergency Department finished construction in April of 2010 and has a total of 41 beds including 22 general ED beds, eight beds in our dedicated Pediatric Center, six beds in the Fast Track unit, and five Crisis Evaluation beds. Along with this expansion, we also opened our new Helipad in March of 2010.
We are also proud to have our MGH Health Foundation, which raises much needed funds for equipment, building expansions, physician training and development, and much more; our MGH Community Health division which assists our patients when they go home from the hospital with in-home healthcare needs; and our MGH Women's Board, which was originally the "Ladies' Auxiliary" established in 1919 to raise funds for the hospital, scholarships, and more.
MedStar Montgomery Medical Center is accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, awarded the Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center certification, a member of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, received the 2010 and 2011 Quality Improvement Award as well as the 2010 Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award from the American Heart/American Stroke Association, as well as a two-time recipient of the Partner for Change Award for our sustainability efforts, as well as receiving the Partner For Change Award with Distinction.
We are proud to serve our community, and while our neighbors think of us as a place for medical treatment, we like to view ourselves as a community health resource. From our health and wellness classes to our community lectures to the free screenings and blood pressure checks we offer throughout the year, MedStar Montgomery Medical Center is here for you not just in sickness, but also in health.
Mission, Vision and Values
MedStar Montgomery Medical Center, a proud member of MedStar Health, is dedicated to enhancing our community's health & well-being by offering high quality, compassionate and personalized care.
To be the trusted leader in caring for people and advancing health in the communities that we serve.
- Service: We strive to anticipate and meet the needs of our patients, physicians and co-workers.
- Patient first: We strive to deliver the best to every patient every day. The patient is the first priority in everything we do.
- Integrity: We communicate openly and honestly, build trust and conduct ourselves according to the highest ethical standards.
- Respect: We treat each individual, those we serve and those with whom we work, with the highest professionalism and dignity.
- Innovation: We embrace change and work to improve all we do in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Teamwork: System effectiveness is built on the collective strength and cultural diversity of everyone, working with open communication and mutual respect.