Morning Star Development
- Colorado Springs
Morning Star Development brings hope and opportunity to people in need in the developing world using sustainable economic and community development initiatives designed to empower individuals and transform communities.
Morning Star Development is a non-profit community and economic development organization committed to helping the people of Afghanistan rebuild their country and their lives by offering practical hope and resources. We focus on bringing transformational change to the people of Afghanistan through sustainable economic and community development initiatives.
Morning Star Development seeks to foster a corporate culture that embodies the following characteristics:
- Entrepreneurial – pioneering new ways to initiate transformation at the community level, using innovative and creative methods.
- Catalytic – encouraging a network of partnerships working synergistically to accomplish what no one organization could accomplish alone.
- Transformational – bringing measurable change to individuals, communities and nations through commitment to sustainable local development.
- Professional – conducting our business operations, financial affairs, partnerships and personal relationships with dedication to integrity and good stewardship.
We bring hope and opportunity to people in need in the developing world using sustainable economic and community development initiatives designed to empower individuals and transform communities.
At this time we are focused on the war-torn nation of Afghanistan. The need is overwhelming but we are committed to seeing progress in Afghanistan before branching out into other nations. We currently operate projects in the following locations:
- Kabul – Institute for Leadership Development, Medical Clinic, Team House
- Tangi Saidan – Community Center, Medical Clinic
- Lalandar – Medical Clinic
- Jegdelak – Community Center, Medical Clinic
- Faizabad – Institute for Leadership Development
- Herat – Institute for Leadership Development
Our Strategic Objectives:
- To assist the people of Afghanistan to rebuild their communities and lives through economic and community development initiatives.
- To establish and implement a model of sustainable development that is readily transferable to other under-developed, least reached nations of the world.
- To serve as a global catalyst to mobilize a broad spectrum of resources to achieve transformational development in such nations, beginning in Afghanistan.
- To develop the institutional capacity necessary to accomplish our strategic objectives in pursuit of Morning Star's broader vision and mission.
Do you work for Morning Star Development? Become an administrator