Responding to Conflict
1046 Bristol Road
RTC is an independent conflict transformation organisation and a registered charity that has worked since 1991 to support people and organisations in transforming violent conflict and building lasting peace.
We believe local people are best placed to find their own ways of dealing with conflict. We work in partnership with others to design and coordinate long-term programmes that support local peace building initiatives and provide on-going support to our partners in the midst of conflict. We also provide training and skills development and a variety of consultancy services in the fields of conflict assessment, conflict transformation strategies and methodologies, facilitation and mediation, and organisational development.
Since we began in 1991, RTC has:
- Established itself as a leader in the field of conflict transformation.
- Trained practitioners from more than 70 countries including those from some of the world’s most violent conflicts.
- Provided specialist advice and consultancy services to the governments of the UK, Australia, Japan, the United Nations Development Programme, and leading International NGO's and charities such as Oxfam GB, Christian Aid, AGEH, Care International, CAFOD, the American Friends Service Committee and a variety of Red Cross national societies.
- Designed and managed long-term programmes in the Middle East, the Balkans, East Africa and South East Asia. We are currently facilitating and working with partners on programmes in Nepal, as well as providing long-term support to programmes and projects in Kenya and the Middle East.
- Published the handbook "Working with Conflict: Skills and Strategies for Action", which has been acknowledged as a key resource for practitioners, trainers and academics throughout the world and has been translated into 10 languages.
Do you work for Responding to Conflict? Become an administrator