Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program
Who Are We?
The goal of VITA is to increase the financial stability of individuals and families of San Antonio and Bexar County.
VITA volunteers provide free income tax assistance to taxpayers and help them claim important tax credits such as the Earned Income Tax Credit and the Child Tax Credit.
The VITA program continues to grow each year. Without the help of all those who volunteer for VITA, many of whom return each tax-filing season, VITA could not continue to expand and serve the ever-growing community of San Antonio and Bexar County.
What are the Benefits?
FREE Integrated Tax Return Preparation Training
- Basic to intermediate tax returns
- Convenient training times for working people
- "Link & Learn" online certification option
- Test- out (for returning volunteers)
"Link & Learn" Online Certification Option
- Hands-on experience preparing tax returns
- Software simulation coparable to VITA site experience
- Certification by working through test scenarios
- Opportunities to practice before tax sesason using the "practice lab" feature
- Referral bonus for every FIVE people recruited, trained, & assigned to a VITA site ( $25 gift card)
- Pereks throughout the 13 week tax season
- Volunteer appreciation dinner
VITA Volunteer Opportunities Available
- Tax preparer
- Greeter/intake coordinator
- Volunteer mentor ( returning volunteers only)