Berkeley Symphony Orchestra
The mission of Berkeley Symphony is to champion symphonic music as a living art form – creating live performances and educational programs that engage the intellect, spark the curiosity, and delight the spirit of Berkeley and surrounding Bay Area communities.
- Identify, attract, and retain superb artistic leadership and musicians, ensuring the highest quality orchestra possible.
- Commission new music from composers whose work invigorates the symphonic repertoire.
- Perform new and recently composed symphonic works alongside traditional repertoire, highlighting the development of classical music to the present day.
- Provide free, in-school music education programs for children that foster intellectual and physical skills for music performance and build the symphony audience of the future.
- Provide mentorship and career development opportunities for the next generation of composers.