The International Society for the Systems Sciences
Welcome to the International Society for the Systems Sciences
The goal of the ISSS, at its founding (as the Society for General Systems Research), was:
- to encourage the development of theoretical systems which are applicable to more than one of the traditional departments of knowledge
... leading to the principal aims ...
- to investigate the isomorphy of concepts, laws, and models in various fields, and to help in useful transfers from one field to another;
- to encourage the development of adequate theoretical models in areas which lack them;
- to eliminate the duplication of theoretical efforts in different fields; and
- to promote the unity of science through improving the communication among specialists.
The direction is as valuable today, as it was in 1956.