Kindred Hospice (Formerly Gentiva Hospice) Toledo OH
Our Volunteer Program
Volunteers are an integral part of the hospice philosophy. Hospice volunteers are there to hold a hand and listen, read or write a letter, run errands or even help out in our office. Volunteers are there to step in when a family member needs a break, and are there for the family and friends after their loved one has passed away. No matter what your skills, talents or motivation, we have the opportunity for you to help.
What does it take to be a Kindred at Home Hospice Volunteer?
- Care and concern for others
- Tolerance, flexibility, patience
- Maturity, self-understanding
- Good communication skills
- Empathy, sincerity, sensitivity
- Acceptance of moral and cultural differences
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
- Ability to accept supervision and evaluation
- Be at least 16-years-old
- Complete comprehensive hospice volunteer training
- Annual TB testing
- Submit to and pass a criminal background screening
- Submit to and pass a drug screening
There are no restrictions in regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, handicap or national origin.