A volunteer’s gift of time completes the circle of care that is offered through hospice. I f you are caring, compassionate and have a true desire to help others, becoming a Comfort Hospice volunteer may be the perfect opportunity for you. Our volunteers share their time and talents in order to offer companionship to our patients, while easing the burden that may be felt by their family members during this difficult time.
There are several different ways that you can become involved with Comfort Hospice:
- Offering companionship and support to our patients and their family members
- Providing assistance with clerical duties within our office
- Assisting in our bereavement department
- Supporting special projects behind the scenes
- Veteran to Veteran Volunteering
- Youth Volunteers (between the ages of 14-17) may volunteer to assist with the administrative duties within our office
HOW MUCH OF A COMMITMENT IS REQUIRED??
After training is completed, you can determine how much time to commit to Comfort Hospice, as well as the communities you would like to serve. Because the duties of the volunteers vary, we will help you find an opportunity that is convenient for you. Whether you dedicate as little as two hours per month, or 8 hours per week, all efforts are extremely appreciated!