New Valley Symphony Orchestra
- To provide the community with a wide range of symphonic music of the highest quality, with emphasis on bringing music to our youth.
- To provide a forum for fine musicians to perform in the orchestra as both members and soloists.
- To provide opportunity for local composers to have their compositions performed by the orchestra.
- Our organization dates back 50 years, to the time of its founding in 1968 by Conductor James A. Swift. Then called the Los Angeles Solo Repertory Orchestra, the group was 75 members strong and featured well-known soloists and a top-notch orchestral ensemble. The LASRO was in demand to perform with local choruses, opera groups and ballet companies. The group premiered numerous major new works and made it a special priority to feature rarely-heard works of the masters, the “lesser worn works”, in addition to well-loved favorite orchestral literature.
- In recognition of its expanding scope and repertoire, the LASRO was renamed with its current title, the New Valley Symphony Orchestra, in 1996.
-Our current Music Director, Michael Christ Powers, was named to the post in Fall of 2017 and is committed to connect to the community with family-friendly and culturally relevant programming.
Orchestra Volunteer (Volunteer Opportunity)