Since 1929, the YWCA White Plains & Central Westchester has been a pioneer for social change through innovative programs that seek to improve the lives of women and families. Each week, the YWCA serves more than 4,000 women, children and their families through early education programs, summer camps, fitness and wellness programs, and advocacy for racial justice and the empowerment of women. For 87 years, the YWCA White Plains & Central Westchester has been making a difference in the lives of women, children and families in White Plains and Westchester by:
YWCA Programs and Services:
· Aquatics Recreational Programs and Competitive Teams
· Awakenings Program – a re-entry program for formerly incarcerated women
· Children Centers at the County Courthouse and New Rochelle Family Court
· Children’s Learning Center – Full Day and Part-Day Child Care - NAEYC Accredited
· Encore Plus - A breast and cervical cancer education and screening program
· GEMS ‑ Girls Empowered through Meaningful Support - weekly after‑school enrichment activities for African American and Latina girls grades 1 – 12.
· Gymnastics Recreational Programs and Competitive Teams
· Kids Connection: Before and After School Programs that provides instructional, cultural, social, and fitness activities for students.
· Racial Justice Initiatives – Brings into focus issues of discrimination and racism.
· Services for People with Developmental Disabilities - provides recreation for participants and respite for their families.
· Summer Camp Programs
· Supervised Visits – provides a safe environment for children to establish and/or maintain relationships with their non‑custodial parent
· YWCA Women’s Residence – provides safe, affordable permanent housing and support services for distressed women.
THE YWCA IS DEDICATED TO ELIMINATING RACISM, EMPOWERING WOMEN AND PROMOTING PEACE, JUSTICE, FREEDOM AND DIGNITY FOR ALL.
Since 1929, the YWCA White Plains & Central Westchester has been a pioneer for social change through innovative programs that seek to improve the lives of women and…
|YWCA Women's Residence - Awakenings Program Coordinator||White Plains, NY||July 23, 2020|