Founded in 1976, DOROT is one of New York City’s leading social service agencies serving the elderly. Established to affirm the Jewish communal commitment to honor older members of the community, the agency serves the wider community as well. Ranging in age from 60 to over 100, clients vary in physical mobility and economic status and come from diverse backgrounds.
- DOROT will be an innovative leader in mobilizing volunteers of all ages to improve the lives and health of the elderly, addressing the challenges of an aging society.
- DOROT alleviates social isolation among the elderly and provides services to help them live independently as valued members of the community. We serve the Jewish and wider community, bringing the generations together in a mutually beneficial partnership of elders, volunteers and professionals. Our work provides an effective model for others.
- Jewish Communal Responsibility -Affirming our commitment to honor the older members of the community, by bringing the generations together
- Commitment to Excellence - Upholding the highest of standards in all that we do
- Compassion - Connecting personally with sensitivity and concern to provide exceptional care
- Making a Difference - Having a demonstrable impact in the lives of the people we serve
- Integrity - Being worthy of the trust of all our constituents
- Innovation - Being dedicated to learning and to creatively addressing the evolving needs of the elder and volunteer communities
DOROT offers a wide range of services to help its clients live independently as valued members of the community. DOROT achieves this through a dynamic partnership of volunteers, professionals, and seniors who are dedicated to enhancing the lives of older adults. By engaging over 7,000 volunteers a year in meaningful and impactful programming DOROT seeks to promote volunteerism bringing the generations together in a mutually beneficial partnership of older adults, volunteers and professionals.
The agency’s services include home-delivered meals, shopping and escorting to medical appointments, homelessness prevention, health and wellness activities, telephone-based classes for the homebound, friendly visiting programs, and intergenerational activities, all of which are designed to combat social isolation.
DOROT serves clients on the Upper West Side from 59th to 125th Street, and on the East Side from 14th to 96th Street. DOROT also has a variety of services to older adults in Westchester County
For further information about DOROT, please visit www.dorotusa.org.:
Founded in 1976, DOROT is one of New York City’s leading social service agencies serving the elderly. Established to affirm the Jewish communal commitment to honor older members of the community, the agency serves the wider community as well…
|Lead Educator and Facilitator (Russian speaking), DOROT’s Jewish Summer Teen Internship Program||New York, NY||February 4, 2021|