Ten Thousand Villages Oak Park
- Oak Park
121 N. Marion St.
Ten Thousand Villages is a non-profit, fair trade store that provides vital, fair income to people in developing countries by marketing their handicrafts and telling their stories in North America. We work with artisans who would otherwise be unemployed or under-employed. Our mission is to help the artisans put a roof over their heads, food on their tables, and their children in school. We achieve this through our marketing and sales of fair trade goods.
Ten Thousand Villages in Oak Park is located in beautiful downtown Oak Park. We believe that volunteering with us allows you to give locally while impacting thousands of people globally.
Volunteer's benefits include:
- Improving the lives of marginalized artisans across the globe
- Socializing with a diverse group of friendly people who support this cause
- Working in a beautiful, stimulating environment
- Developing transferable job skills
- Enjoy participating in outside volunteer activities, and
- 20% Volunteer Discount - is a bonus! We will tell you more about it when you apply.
The Value of Volunteers
As a non-profit store, volunteers are absolutely critical to our success. By decreasing our operating costs, they enable us to price products competitively in North American markets.
Our volunteers help us in many ways! You can
- be a customer service volunteer
- be a board or committee member
- assist with off-site sales
- unpack merchandise
If you would like to join our fantastic volunteer team, please call or stop by the store for more information or go to our website. Our phone number is 708-848-4572 and our address is 121 N. Marion Street, Oak Park, IL 60301.
We look forward to meeting you!
Do you work for Ten Thousand Villages Oak Park? Become an administrator