Nuestra Comunidad Development Corporation
Nuestra Comunidad Development Corporation is a nonprofit small business working in the Roxbury community and nearby Boston neighborhoods for over 31 years. One of Boston's oldest and most successful community development organizations, Nuestra CDC has developed more than 700 affordable rental homes and 200 affordable homeownership opportunities. With roots in Roxbury's Latino community, Nuestra CDC has helped to lead the ongoing revitalization of Roxbury's Dudley Square.
Nuestra Comunidad is a chartered member of the NeighborWorks America Network and a HUD-approved Housing Counseling Agency.
Nuestra CDC accomplishes its community revitalization mission by:
- Developing high quality affordable and mixed-income rental and for sale housing;
- Encouraging homeownership through homebuyer education and coaching;
- Increasing financial resiliency through financial coaching and foreclosure prevention;
- Engaging community, developing neighborhood leaders, and preventing and reducing crime through community organizing;
- Promoting economic development by fostering small business creation.
Nuestra CDC is currently undertaking Roxbury's largest-ever mixed-income, mixed use development, Bartlett Place, which will create 323 new apartments, condos, and town homes, and retail and office space for local entrepreneurs on an 8-acre Brownfields site that was formerly an MBTA bus yard. For more information about Bartlett Place, click here. The organization has an additional 144 apartments in three developments under construction and nearing completion.
Among its recent achievements, Nuestra CDC's community policing and neighborhood stabilization efforts were awarded a first place national award from the MetLife Foundation and the Local Initiatives Support Corporation. A video about the effort was recently premiered at the Ford Foundation. To see it, click here.