The volunteers at Optimal Hospice Care understand what it means to provide caring support when it matters most. When you become a volunteer for Optimal, you become part of an amazing program which provides a way for you to make a true difference in the lives of others. Whether you choose to work directly with patients and their caregivers or you prefer to volunteer in one of our other programs, you will be helping to provide a better quality of life for those under our care. What you will discover along the way is that donating time to enhance the lives of others is extremely rewarding. You can truly change a life…maybe your own.
Optimal Hospice Care offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities. A few of the ways volunteers support our families and other hospice efforts are:
- Patient Family Support Volunteers provide in-home respite care, which allows caregivers a few hours of much needed personal time.
- Companionship Volunteers spend time visiting with patients who reside in care facilities.
- Bereavement Care Volunteers offer support for those going through the grief process.
- Administrative Volunteers provide valuable in-office assistance to the hospice support team.
- Yard/Home Care Volunteers assist with light yard and home care maintenance for patients who are no longer able to do so.
- Professional Service Volunteers donate their unique skill or talent to help improve the quality of life of the patient. For example, they can offer a haircut or in-home notary services. A license for the professional trade or skill is required.
- Intern/Student Volunteers gain valuable knowledge and life experience by providing support for hospice patients as part of their education.
- 11th Hour Volunteers offer support for families and /or patients during the final hours.
- Carepals Pet Therapy Teams offer animal loving patients the unconditional companionship that only a cuddly animal can provide. Teams must be certified by a reputable pet therapy program prior to becoming members of the CarePals program.
- Life Review Volunteers encourage patients to reflect on the events that have formed their life. Volunteers capture those memories in the Journey Keepsake Journal.
- Event/Recruiting Volunteers work side by side with the hospice team to educate others about the benefits of being involved with hospice care.
- Seamstress/Quilter Volunteers create beautiful handmade gifts for hospice patients.
- Foundation Volunteers assist in all foundation efforts.
- Karaoke Singers Group Volunteers bring the gift of song to provide a better quality of life for patients and other residents in care facilities.