Womensphere is a global community platform and social enterprise dedicated to unleashing the potential of women and girls, inspiring transformational leadership and innovation, and mobilizing systemic interventions and individual initiatives to create a better future for our world. We form collaborations with leaders, innovators, companies, organizations, networks, and academic institutions around this shared purpose.
The Womensphere Foundation is dedicated to empowering women and girls to lead, create our future, and transform our world.
Our five cornerstone initiatives:
1) We create unique solutions leveraging media, technology, and education, to empower women and girls:
- Creating media and leveraging technology that inspire and empower women and girls worldwide
- Building a global community dedicated to unleashing women’s potential
- Empowering high impact organizations and social entrepreneurs advancing women and girls
- Investing in the education of women and girls through innovative ways
2) We develop and co-create programs that unleash women’s potential and advance women.
- Women leaders and innovators across all fields and industries
- Women entrepreneurs
- Women in technology
- Women in science and exploration
- Women in music and the arts
3) We invest in cultivating and advancing the next generation of women leaders - emerging women leaders and innovators across all fields; emerging women scientists, technologists, and explorers; emerging women entrepreneurs and social entrepreneurs; and emerging women artists.
4) We mobilize our growing global community to create and implement pilots and scaled solutions towards some of the world’s greatest challenges:
- Empowering women as economic drivers, public leaders, creators, and innovators in society
- Enabling sustainability and development, and women's leadership in sustainability and development
- Protecting the dignity of women and girls around the world
5) We recognize world-changing leaders and innovators at the Womensphere Global Awards.
Each year, the Womensphere Foundation recognizes extraordinary, world-changing women and men who are creating the future, transforming the world, and advancing the lives and opportunities of women and girls, with the Womensphere Global Awards.
Womensphere Foundation Fellowships and Internships are also a path towards full-time roles within the Womensphere Foundation and Womensphere, for those eventually seeking full-time employment. Most of our full-time offers will come from our cohorts of Fellows and Interns.
Our Fellowships and Internships are structured as leadership development, career-enhancing programs.
Womensphere Foundation Fellows and Interns are also considered Ambassadors for the organization, and thus, must possess genuine passion for the organization's mission, and a high level of integrity and ethical conduct. Womensphere Foundation Fellows and Interns will have the opportunity to collaborate with each other and with many people and organizations. These roles require that Fellows and Interns are collaborative, have excellent communication skills, and are great team-players (among other traits we are looking for). Successful candidates will have technical competence and working experience in the areas being applied for.
What all successful candidates will have/be:
- Genuine passion for the core mission and philosophy of the Womensphere Foundation
- Great balance between being a dreamer and being a doer (we love both together!), ergo:
- Great ideas and even greater execution (we are a team of DOERS - we love to make things happen!)
- High integrity, ethical standards, and trustworthiness
- Motivated by excellent results and sense of accomplishment
- Friendliness, great teamwork, and genuine desire for collaboration
- Personally driven, pro-active, self-starter
- Passion to make a difference on the team, on the organization, and on others
- Good balance between creativity and analytical thinking
- Enthusiasm to chip in and do anything that helps the team. Nothing is beneath you!
- Grit. Unrelenting drive to get things done – and done very well!
- Awesome, positive attitude
And some basic qualifications:
- Personable, relationship builder, and awesome team-player
- Outstanding (demonstrated) skills in the area/function you are applying for
- Great interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- 1-2 years experience in the area/function you are applying for
- Projects you have worked on demonstrating this experience
- Great professional recommendations from others you have worked with
- Demonstrated motivation to grow, develop, and apply skills