Art Attack SF Gallery
- San Francisco
2358 Market Street
Art Gallery Manager job description:
Art Attack SF (founded in 2012) celebrates the character and artistic expression of San Francisco. We proudly feature a variety of works from the hands and hearts of Bay Area artists. Our unique collection of local artwork includes paintings, sculptures, and more; each with its own aesthetic and message.
We work to engage and inspire talented artists, our local community, and our guests. We strive to create an inviting environment where artists can connect with the community, and vice versa. We recently moved from Hyde Street to Market Street in the Castro and are looking for an energetic, experienced, and enthusiastic Gallery Manager to join our crew. Job responsibilities include: strategic planning, maximizing sales—in the gallery and through our website—and developing business relationships within the gallery and local community.
· Identify creative, financial, and marketing opportunities. Implement strategic initiatives to maximize growth, sales, and Art Attack’s brand equity.
· Build and maintain collaborative relationships with various local businesses, entities, collectors, and individual artists.
· Establish a strong presence within the art community and advance the gallery’s offering.
· Curate and oversee gallery exhibitions from initiation to completion.
· Develop and maintain full events calendar.
· Research and select artists and artwork to be presented at the gallery.
· Generate client lists by promoting featured artwork and exhibitions through various media outlets, and act as public relations liaison.
· Provide creative direction to graphic designer and maintain the gallery’s social media accounts.
· Supervise the inventory manager to track and inventory all incoming/outgoing work; keep the website/POS up-to-date.
● 2+ years management experience
● Passion for art and is well connected within the local art scene
● Art handling experience
● Ability to work a flexible schedule, including (some) holidays and weekends
● Exceptional sales ability, communication skills, and customer service
● Great multi-tasker and can work in a fast paced environment
● Show great attention to detail and complete execution of tasks
● Efficient time management, problem solving, and organizational skills
● Positive personality and a sense of humor
● Self-motivated, able to work alone or in a group setting
● Proficient with Mac OS and Microsoft Office
● Experience with POS software/systems (Shopify is a plus)
● Ability to lift 30lbs.
● Experience working in a small, independent store is a plus
To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “AASF Manager” in the subject line of your email.
We thank you for your interest in a career opportunity with Art Attack SF Gallery. Due to high volume, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Please no phone calls.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Art Attack SF is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, age, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Do you work for Art Attack SF Gallery? Become an administrator