THE BUSINESS OF ME LLC is a woman-owned social impact company. The Business of Me was organized as a Delaware LLC. The Concern has adopted the standards of a "B Corp" by amending its bylaws to include the interests of societal stakeholders including employees and associates, communities, and the environment. Nancy Salamone is CEO.
The intent of The Business of Me program is to significantly reduce re-victimization of survivors of Intimate Partner Violence.
The Business of Me has the following five primary objectives:
- The reduction of the re-victimization rate of victims returning to relationships characterized by Intimate Partner Violence and early intervention in the lives of the dependent children of victims of IPV.
- The development of Information Systems supporting more functionally and cost effective: (1) Social and human services intervention; (2) continuing group and member support; (3) quantitative and qualitative analysis; (5) the production of actionable information.
- The creation of community/academic/private-sector/government collaborative partnerships to support research, curriculum development, systems development and program implementation and deployment.
- The development, study and application of community-based participatory research that protects the privacy of participants while contributing to the understanding of the affects of pro-active intervention through the application of curriculum and online education/social networking support systems.
- Help build a new sector of the economy that harnesses the power of business to solve social challenges by creating private-sector, community, academic and government partnerships and by considering outcomes of all of our societal stakeholders including employees and associates, communities, and the environment.